Friday, June 02, 2006

Cycling through Vauxhall this morning I was shocked and appalled to see a van of Daily Bread delivering sandwiches to the MI6 building. Daily Bread are located at New Covent Garden Market, and often in my trips to the Market I find the skip outside Daily Bread full of discarded sandwiches - all (according to the packaging) from the same day. I tried them a couple of times and they are completely disgusting - with the sole excpetion of the Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel, which was OKish. So I don't bother anymore.

To think that they provide Her Majesty's spymasters' refreshments is really depressing. Just imagine James Bond sitting there munching on low-quality bread, boring cheddar and unhealthy mayonais, all from the plastic package over his computer screen. It might explain the sorry state of things here.

No comments: