Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Surgery

Yes, the Surgery is still there, no word from the owners. We're not sure what will happen with it. P is thinking of squatting another house, with some more people. We're thinking also of turning it into a social centre; it'll be perfect for squat caffs. But we're not sure how long it will last. You can never know. A month? a year?
I wasn't going to live there anyway - I'm on holiday from squatting at least until the end of the year. My own private scheme was to make one of the rooms - a very small one, too small for a bedroom - into an office where I could come and work during the automn months. I would come there in the mornings, write my thesis all day, and on the way back home stop for a beer in the Portugese cafe.
Ah foolish daydreaming

No comments: